Here is our simple Keto friendly dairy-free Pizza Crust recipe.
The “Almost Real Pizza” Keto Pizza Crust
- 75 grams Almond Flour
- 31 grams Pork Rind (ground / plain/ unflavored)
- 31 grams Coconut Flour
- 2 tsps Xanthan Gum
- 2 tsps Baking Powder
- ¼ tsps. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Pasta Sprinkle by Penzeys
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 13 tsps water (add a little at a time)
- Keto Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni, Italian sausage, bacon or ground beef
- Bell Peppers, few onion slices, olives, mushrooms
- Fresh Basil
- 12.5” SolidTeknics Aus Ion Carbon Steel skillet [Satin] – Carbon steel skillet heats up fast and highly recommended for this pizza crust. If you use cast iron or stainless steel, you may have to adjust cooking times.
For the Keto Dough:
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and seasoning to food processor. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in ACV with the food processor running. Once it has distributed evenly, pour in the egg. Followed by the water, adding just enough for it to come together into a ball. The dough will be sticky to touch from the xanthan gum, but still sturdy.
- Wrap dough in cling film and knead it through the plastic for a minute or two. Think of it as a stress ball. The dough should be smooth and not significantly cracked (a few is fine). In which case get it back to the food processor and add in more water 1 teaspoon at a time. Allow dough to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature (and up to 4 days in fridge).
- When ready for pizza … place rack near bottom of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper with a rolling pin. You can play with the thickness here but we like to roll it out nice and thin (roughly 11-12 inches in diameter).
- Place crust in carbon steel skillet (greased with Avocado Oil). Blind bake for 10 minutes in 400-degree oven or until golden brown around edges. Take it out of the oven then set oven to 425 degrees.
- Place toppings of choice on it.
- Once toppings are on crust, put skillet w/crust back into oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven, remove pizza from skillet carefully onto cutting board, slice and serve.